What I do, What I feel, What I am

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The birth, journey and death of my iPhone

Like everyone else, I also wanted to own an iPhone. Not 3G, as I heard that quite a number of complications are associated with it. So settled for a refurbished <3G.

Birth:
As I was chatting with Venu (in USA) with Saravanan by my side, Venu said he had an iPhone for $271 (INR 11587.05 that day) and asked whether I want it. I was tempted and neways I wanted to change my W300i, so said yes immediately. There "she" (henceforth) was born.

Journey:
She set out with Venu's friend 'S' (henceforth) from US down to meet me and share a part of her life with me. She eventually reached India on Aug 18. It was decided that Saravanan would go bring her from S, her a few questions and hand her over to me the same weekend (Aug 23, 2008). Further interactions between S and Saravanan resulted in a lots of to and fro and eventually S dropped her at Saravanan's office early morning on Aug 22, 2008. Here she was just a day away from reaching me. Saravanan asked her a few questions - whether she can communicate properly, sing well (she was singing Bhavayami Gopala Balam by MS from youtube, through WiFi and subsequently Saravanan made me hear it over phone :) )and assessed her looks too (Wait a minute, he is my close friend and he is just a brother to her :)). She was a perfect blend of black (my favourite colour) and silver and she was stunning - as Saravanan narrated.

Death:
All was well, until Saravanan got a call (not on my iPhone, but from nature). He went to the appropriate place and when he bent for having a wash - SPLASH!!! - not the water on Saravanan's face but she fell into the bucket of water just below the basin :(. There she breathed her last. With a bit of googling and searching, we found that "a water dipped iPhone can't work
and even if it works, not fully :(
". When Saravanan called and informed, I thought it was a prank and all that but over the next two days, realized that he was not joking. She was gone once and for all and I din't want to see her at all!!
There is nothing great about an iPhone any way and I am greatly thrilled with my W300i. (The grapes are nowadays sour anyways !!

This below piece is dedicated to HER...
She was my love, the daughter of Apple,
Vow!, I thought, I and she would make a good couple,
After all she was refurbished,
Never mind, I was anyways impoverished,
No doubt, compared to her sisters she was cheaper,
That made my love for her go up even steeper!
She travelled across continents and reached Bangalore,
And inturn to Saravanan whose office is close to Ulsoor,
There he donned the role of a tester,
He made me hear her and I felt better!

Before meeting me first time she took a dip in water,
That's when Saravanan called and shouted "disaster!""disaster!"
Neither have I touched nor have I felt her,
But my love for her will stay today, tomorrow and ever after!
Until I own one of her sisters !!!!
Everything in the world happens for Good and has a reason too. Hope this also results in something good sometime later. Let Chaos and butterfly effect take their own course :)
Cheers!!!!!!

2 comments:

Saravanan said...

Yes!!! All hail the great "Saravanan"!!

anandb4u said...

Hi Prakash,
First of al i feel sorry for your iphone's death. But anyway u remember i told you oneday that we both will buy the iphone together, but u didnt stick to the oath we took so that the reason SHE was shot to dead by Mr.Saravanan (my greatest freind from here on). Nice job done.

What happened here is an EXECUTION

Cheers
Anand