What I do, What I feel, What I am

Friday, April 15, 2005

Time to leave ...

Hey
Today is my 39th day at Taiwan and I am leaving by the 9 AM flight tomorrow. Taipei - Bangkok - Bangalore. Planning to take the transit tour of Bangkok as usual.

This stay at Taiwan was the longest and the most memorable, I would say. Firstly, I landed here on my birthday !!! Then a series of Monday blues and the exciting weekends at Danshui, WuLai and the Pacific, got to meet Edgar, Ashish and Jayesh - nice company. Food was also not that much of a problem since the hotel where I stay has a new chef who knew how to make Indian curry !!!!! Was normally having it for dinner and sometime for breakfast. Of course had a nice South Indian lunch at a friend's place. Weather, this time was totally crazy !! Would be very cold on some days, very hot and humid on some, drizzle or pour on some other day and so on. Was afraid I might fall ill, but luckily nothing happened. :-). Incidentally, I was here for Shivarathri (on march 8), good friday and began "Parthiba" year (The new Tamil year) in Taiwan.

By the way, this week was cool, in all sense (weather as well as work). Our client was happy with the progress, this monday was not "blue" and I managed to get a 1 GB USB disk with the amount of money I had !!! Because of my extension of stay, I ran short of money and hence had to borrow some to settle my hotel bill :-(. I had to drop my plans of buying USB sticks for colleagues and friend(Saravanan), USB MP3 player desperately wanted by a colleague and of course the short pants that Anuj asked me :-( Sorry Anuj... I am sure anuj will ask me how I was able to get a 1 GB USB hard disk but not a short pant .... a valid question. But I am equally sure that he knows the answer.
Btw, Eddie gave me a souvneir, a dabba full of Pcific sand and shells. thanks for the same !!

Ok. time to leave. Will update about my flight, Bkk trip etc. in my next blog from Bangalore.

bye Bye !!

1 comment:

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

good man... u get to enjoy the good of both worlds... u get back to india bfore u stop enjoying the pleasures of being outside india..!! and u get to miss india too, so u feel good when u r back!! lucky fella!