What I do, What I feel, What I am

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Weekend Vs Monday

Hi !!
If the above two candidates contest in a poll there will be no need for counting the votes !!

I am experiencing this Monday Panic like never before, in my current trip of Taiwan. I have spent 4 (weekends + monday) here so far and I was never happy on any of the mondays :(. It's mainly coz, we leave some "over the weekend" tests on friday evenings hoping to see things working great on Monday morning. Guess what ?? That was never the case, this time at least.

Anyhow, all the weekends were great so far :). I would prefer writing about the weekends than the monday that followed :-)

The first two weekends were full of eating and sleeping including a Real Good South Indian Lunch at a friend's house :-).

The third one - planned to go to Damshui - A place close to the seashore; South China Sea. I had visited that place with my client when I had come here, the first time. I remember my client telling me that this is the best place in Taipei to have a date !! As expected and as it was the case with me(and my friends) always, I went there with guys ( :(((( ). Three of them, in fact - Ashish, Edgar and Jayesh - they are also from India and they will be here for at least a month. This is one phenomena that is with us always. Be it Ooty or Kodaikanal or Tirupathi we were a group of 8 or 10 guys always. Taipei was no exception :). No complaints though :-). Had a great time at Fisherman's Wharf and the sea coast. Spent nearly 4 to 5 hours there.

In the last weeknd we went to WuLai Hot springs zone, which is some 50 km from the place where we stay. We took an MRT (Mass Rapid Transport) to Xindian and then a bus to WuLai. The place was amazing - Nature at its best !!! We first laid ourselves in the Natural Hot Springs for nearly an hour. I was surprised to see boiling hot and Ice cold water just separated by a layer of pebbles. Mother nature is amazing !!! Then we saw the water falls. Also, went to the park on the other side of the mountain via Cable car( The only mode of transport connecting the two sides). I was able to see nothing but greenery where ever I turned :-). Came back to the room after a nice 10 hours, with my mind still lingering around the springs, falls and the green vegetation.

As the other side of the picture the mondays that followed were totally _____ and ***** (upto the dirty mind of the reader to fill in the blanks :-)). That's the reason why, I din't write this blog on Monday. Moreover yesterday was a holiday as it was the "Tomb Sleeping Day" in Taipei, a day to pay homage to the ancestors. I converted it to a "Room Sleeping Day" :-).

Awaiting to see what the next Monday unfolds :-). Wish me luck !!
Bye !!

4 comments:

Anuj said...

Hey Its high time u break out of the habbit of keeping an all guys compnay :) Get straight buddy!!

Why dont u upload some of ur pics to on the blog man..

Prakash said...

yeah
u know, we are not made for that :-))
regarding photoes, am plannng to do that once i transfer my photoes onto the PC from my digicam.

Venkateshwar Sahai said...

I call this phenomenon as Weekend lag :) (compare with Jet lag)

Prakash said...

hey ... that was a spelling mistake :D